Wednesday, January 5, 2011

To Know or Not to Know…

A lot of you have asked if we will find out what we’re having.

Before we found out we were expecting, Neal was pretty adamant about it being a surprise and I was torn on it. I think the nostalgia of waiting is quite charming. But if you know me, then you know I have OCD tendencies and like to plan the very best I can. So knowing what we’re having would put my mind at ease and perhaps a little more color in our world than just the normal yellow. Also, I may have mentioned before that my husband is brilliant, one of the smartest people I know, and I bet he’s already googled how to tell anyways. (Cheater!)

Of course, God has His own plan. For instance, I have a friend on Facebook who for months updated her status about “Baby Allison.” She would post multiple photos of this glorious pink room and everything they were doing to prepare for Baby Allison. And then she went into labor and her next facebook status was, “Everyone say hell to baby MICHAEL!”

So I suppose the moral of the story is you can plan all day long, but I suppose you never truly know until lil’ baby decides to show its squinty little face.

In the end, we are leaning towards finding out, but the room will be a nice green color and we’ll leave the tags on stuff, just in case. J

But I can say with certainty is we will not have one of those 3-D ultrasounds. While I am pleased with today’s technology, I kind of feel like those are cheating in a sense. I want to see my baby’s face for the first time when it enters this world. So at least we’ll be a little traditional in that aspect.

~Jenn

No comments:

Post a Comment