It may sound like I complain a lot about being pregnant, and that’s not what I intend to do. Every day I’m amazed at the changes within my body and the miracle of life growing within me. However, with that comes these dreaded side affects… like the nausea, vomiting, lack of appetite, change in tastes, intense headaches and migraines, etc. But here are some things I’m most looking forward to:
- My overwhelmingly, glorious boobs. I’ve been graced with the love nuggets since a tender age of like 10. Even then, I was always comfortable with them. Love them. In college I had a sticker on the back of my car… that in thinking back, was tacky as f… but it said, “Yes, they’re real.” Because people (men) stare at them constantly. Now, they’re everywhere. They’re huge. They’re beautiful. My cup(s) runneth over. I’ve been told to enjoy this before they deflate to those dreaded “mom boobs.” And I think I will…
- Having a FUPA is totally in. If you don’t know what a FUPA is, go research a lil’ on urbandictionary.com. It’ll either make you sick or give you a new noun to describe this dreaded thing. I have an excuse to have a FUPA. And soon people won’t have to wonder if I’m just fat or expecting.
- I don’t have to suck in as much.
- Having an excuse to want to eat what I want, when I want. Within reason, of course.
- I have an excuse to wear sweatpants, though fitted I may add, in public. Comfortable, loose clothing is totally okay.
I may add to this list as I see fit. But these are a few things I was joking with a friend about today and then realized I’m not joking. I really do enjoy these things. J
The one side effect I’m most not looking forward to:
People I don’t know (or hell, some that I DO know) touching my belly.
With or without permission.
Some of my friends have joked about making me a shirt that says, “Look but don’t touch” with an arrow pointing down. I don’t see the joke behind this. I think it’s totally reasonable.