Monday, January 24, 2011

In memory...

This weekend, we had something sad happen in our family. The Church family matriarch, my grandmother, Judy, passed away.

She had been fighting a long battle with cancer and the after effects it left on her aging body. She had been in Baptist Hospital for the last 2 weeks trying to get her strong enough for a possible surgery. She suffered from a sudden medical fluke and passed away just hours later. My family is in shock to say the least.

She leaves behind a husband of nearly 59 years. There is my father, the oldest and the only son, and three daughters. Between her four children, there are 7 grandchildren and 2 great-grandchildren. Neal and I would have given her the 3rd great-grandchild in the family.

I was so happy to be able to share our news with my grandmother last month. I sat with her and explained how excited we were and just talked through the jitters of expecting a first child. With her years of experience, she talked me through some of the fears and hopes. I remember the look on her face when I showed her the ultrasound picture. I had hoped she would be around to see our baby, but I’m thankful to have another angel looking down on us from Heaven. I know she’s still so happy for us, and I have a feeling she’ll be with us along the way.

Funeral arrangements are through Neal-Tarpley funeral home in Clarksville. Visitation will be Wednesday evening at the funeral home with additional visitation Thursday morning at Hilldale Baptist Church with her funeral following at 12pm.

No comments:

Post a Comment