Friday, February 25, 2011

Up in the gym just working on my fitness

I hate to say that I probably haven’t stepped foot in the gym in close to 2.5 months. Just before I got pregnant, I participated in a “Biggest Loser” program through work. I was doing really well with my diet and exercise and managed to lose close to 15 pounds when everything was said and done.

And then, the baby news broke.

I’ve managed to keep off about 10 of what I lost, thanks to intense months of morning sickness and lack of appetite.  Now I’m feeling much better and realizing what a gym relapse has done to my body. Any definition that my chubby arms had is now rounded out and same with my legs. While I know it’s unreasonable to lose weight now, I want to get moving again so I don’t gain an exorbitant amount of weight during this pregnancy so I can at least try and be a cute pregnant lady. Haha.  I’ve purchased a lot of cute summer dresses and I don’t want my legs to resemble tree trunks, you know? I’m currently searching for a maternity bathing suit to grow into, because I have a feeling the pool and I will become total BFF’s this summer.

Also, my taste buds are becoming a little more open minded. For a while all I wanted was Krystal’s and Taco Bell. (I know, disgusting.) Now I’m eating a little more normally and trying to bring back fruits, veggies and healthier foods.

As much as I hate when he makes me, my husband’s job is to drag me to the gym with him on the weekends. I think it’s a win-win situation because he’s trying not to gain any of that “sympathy weight” with me. (Though HE’S the one who suggested we visit Sweet Cece’s last week!)

~Jenn

No comments:

Post a Comment