Thursday, February 24, 2011

Its the beat of a heart...

I had another OB appointment yesterday. I never know how to prepare for these things… you know, like am I going to be probed? Are they going to pry blood away from me again? Should I wear socks? Luckily, it was just another quick one. I got to ask more ridiculous questions such as are pedicures safe? Can I get my hair colored now? Etc… But the most important thing is I got to hear the baby’s heart beat again and it’s a strong and healthy 154 beats per minute. That sound never gets old! I laid there as quiet as I could be to listen and I didnt know whose heart was beating faster - mine or that precious baby?

In less than two weeks, Neal will come with me to my next one for the big ultrasound. Hopefully Baby Harris isn’t concealing him/herself and we can find out what we’re having. Then, I think it will be a little more real for us.

Sometimes I think Neal is even more excited than myself about this baby. If you know him, he’s a man of few words. He’s a great listener, but can talk your ear off if it’s about a subject he knows and love – things like police work and Tennessee sports teams. Lately, it feels like he’s becoming quite knowledgeable on the subject of babies. He has co–workers that are recent first time dads and have shared bits and pieces with him and he fills me when he gets home from work. For instance, we talked last night about the worries of adjusting to this new life and the “baby blues” (which he brought up, actually.) He is the one that has suggested tried and true brands of items such as pumps. But it is really endearing.

I’ve said it before that Neal is someone who was born to be a father and I can’t wait to make that a reality for him...

~Jenn

No comments:

Post a Comment