Wednesday, February 16, 2011

All you need is love…

Sorry, I’ve been on a bit of a blogging hiatus the last week or so. I’ve tried to stay regular in updating at least 3 times a week and I vow to stick by that. Part of my lack of blogging is that my pregnancy has been uneventful in the last week or so. I’m almost 18 weeks at this point and like all you moms assured me, things are getting much better. I’m not as tired, the morning sickness has pretty much subsided and now I’m just waiting for my skin to clear up and the maternity clothes to look right. J

As you know, Monday was Valentine’s Day. Facebook was an entertaining space on such a day. It was filled with V-Day haters and V-Day lovers alike. The haters were kinda sad in a way, but some middle-of-the-road people on FB tried to convince them that V-day isn’t just about romantic love, it’s a time to remember all those you love and who love you. (A little cheesy and idealistic if you ask me, but hey, whatever works.)

Valentine’s Day holds special meaning for Mr. Harris and me. We were engaged two years ago on V-Day at the Opryland Hotel. He put a lot of thought and effort into it and it truly made that event in our lives very special. (I have a blog that I posted on Facebook about our Engagement when it happened. I may tag it on here so you can see the giddy ramblings of a diamond-bearing, wedding-planning freak.)

This is where we got engaged - on the balcony of the Old Hickory Steakhouse overlooking the Delta atrium in the Opryland Hotel.



Sidenote A: We had our Engagement photos taken at Opryland Hotel and at the exact place where he popped the big question.

Sidenote B: People who bitch about how cliché it is to get engaged on Holidays, annoy me. (And are probably single or divorced.)

This year, we exchanged little gifts and we both realized we’re probably not “newly weds” anymore because we ended up (not purposely) getting each other baby related gifts. No lingerie. No chocolates. Just bibs and the like. True story.

No matter your situation, I hope you had a pleasant Valentine's Day!

Love, Jenn

No comments:

Post a Comment