Friday, July 29, 2011

I can't wait...

I can't wait for the obvious thing... Baby Neal.

But as much as I can't wait to meet my lil' baby face to face, there are some other things in life that will be welcomed with open arms into the Harris home.
  • Cold lunch meat. (Pregnant women can't eat it because of the risk of listeria. I'll start with a Publix deli sandwich. YUM!)
  • To be able to wear my wedding rings again. (My fingers have been a little swollen to the point where its hard to get the rings off at night, so to be on the safe side, I'm not wearing them. However, I've been wearing another ring so not to be confused with a baby momma with no baby daddy.)
  • Non-monitored use of splenda, tea and seafood. (All in moderation, of course.)
  • The use of hot tubs at my local YMCA or whenever we go on vacation again.
  • An occasional glass of wine. (I didn't drink much at all before I got pregnant, but have you ever wanted something that you KNOW you can't have? That's been my issue. The smell is wine during my pregnancy has been divine!)
  • My crystal clear skin. (Pregnancy has not been my friend when it comes to acne.)
  • To be able to wear all my cute shoes again. 
  • Prenatal vitamins (My hair and nails look amazing!)

Things I will not miss about pregnancy:
  • Prenatal vitamins. (But Jenn, you just said that you'll miss them!? YES, hear me out.... My OB just advised me that I'll have to continue to take them as long as I'm breastfeeding. However, they give me the worst indigestion, after tastes and they're huge.)
  • My increased migraines. (They were pretty bad in the 1st and 2nd trimester.)
  • Cankles
  • Comfortable sleeping positions. (Notice I didn't say "sleep" because I realize I won't get much of that when Baby Neal arrives. I just want to be able to sleep without tossing and turning due to this big belly.
  • The ability to move without grunting or making noises. (BTW, I don't do this on purpose, its just really hard getting up and down these days.)
  • My annoyance with incessant noises. (Clicks, rattles and roaring noises (like the AC) annoy me to no end.)
  • Heat sensitivity. (I think this summer has been brutal for anyone, but being this pregnant in July is particularly cruel.)

Things I will miss about pregnancy:
  • Baby Neal's kicks
  • The excuse to not have to suck in.
  • Comfy, flowy clothes
  • Pulling "the pregnancy card"
  • "Eating for two" excuse. (Although I've gained minimal weight during this pregnancy, it's easier to get away with having ice cream at odd hours due to my current condition.)
  • Taking naps in the middle of the day because "I feel like it."
  • Gifts randomly showing up at my front door (people love buying baby stuff it seems! And I'm grateful for them!)
  • Buy One, Get One Free yogurt from Sweet CeCe's
  • The excuse about being so tired that I don't have to work out.
I'll probably add to this list, but these are the major things that come to mind.
Oh! My next blog will include completed nursery pics. So stay tuned!

~Jenn

No comments:

Post a Comment