Tuesday, July 19, 2011

Another Baby Neal update

For those I haven't talked to, we had another OB appointment on Monday. Unfortunately there was no change in a week's time - I'm still only 1 centimeter dilated. My doctor was hoping for a little more difference, and so she's scheduled an ultrasound for this upcoming Monday to make get a fetal weight estimate. My doctor said they can tell his weight within a few ounces. She wants to do it to find out his size and make sure he's not too big. I may have mentioned in my last blog that just in case, an induction date of August 8th has been set. However if the ultrasound shows that he's already big enough, they wont let me wait that long. I'm just excited to see Baby Neal again and to get some updated ultrasound pictures for his baby book. So you wont hear me complaining about see him again! :)

I can feel differences in my body already. He's dropped lower and so that's put a lot of added pressure in my lower back. And Sleep? Ooooh, sleep. I miss you. I think this is nature's way of preparing me for a newborn. Apparently babies don't let you sleep through the night either, so why not start now? Also, in the last few days, my adorable son has felt it necessary to revert back to 1st and 2nd trimester activities including nausea and vomiting. Yes, I know, fun stuff.

In the last few weeks, people have been asking me if I hate pregnancy yet. A week ago, that was a very odd question to me because I had grown perfectly content with my pregnant body. Now a week has passed and in that time we've had some awesome Tennessee heat advisories and that has radically changed my perspective on how agreeable pregnancy is with me.

Ask me that question now. Want to guess my answer?
Let's just say, I'm getting anxious to meet baby Neal....

~Jenn

No comments:

Post a Comment