Wednesday, April 27, 2011

Future Soccer Star?

I wonder if there’s any indication as to whether or not we’ll have an active baby based on the amount of movement he does in the womb? If so, we may have a future soccer star on our hand. However, if I had my choice, I would much prefer a football star. J

Baby Neal is one active lil’ baby. I remember early in the pregnancy, I would research tons of websites to figure out when I would be able to feel our baby moving. Now, as I sit here and watch my belly move, that is just a distant memory. Let me tell you, I’m not sure I’ve ever felt something more amazing in my life.

A few months ago, my in-laws were kind enough to give us tickets (excellent tickets might I add!) to the Grand Ole Opry to see my BFF, Carrie Underwood. Going to the Opry never gets old and I always end up shedding a tear (or in my case, many tears) over the awesomeness that is the Grand Old Opry. This time was no different. I think in all the excitement of the moment, combined with the music, Baby Neal must’ve been feeling the excitement with me because I felt some type of “fluttering.” I remember walking out of the Opry hand in hand with my husband and telling him, “You know, in a few weeks I think I’ll look back at this moment and be able to tell for sure if this is kicking.” And sure enough, it was.

Now Baby Neal kicks all throughout the day taking breaks here and there to sleep. I can even see the movement through my shirt. I haven’t seen any pokes through my belly yet, but it does jump when he moves.

I’ve seen pictures, such as below, where you can see a hand or a foot actually press through the belly. However, I asked my OBGYN about that, and she said it is totally photo shopped! She said we’ll see pokes, like perhaps an elbow, coming through but its unrealistic to see a foot or a hand so perfectly. But still, the thought is neat.

Don't get your hopes up - this is totally photo shopped, as confirmed by our OBGYN.


~Jenn

No comments:

Post a Comment