Wednesday, June 22, 2011

SAHM

UrbanDictionary.com defines a "SAHM" as the acronym for a "Stay At Home Mom."

And in two days time, this will be my new job title.

It feels a little weird to type that. I've always been the kind that enjoys working. I like having a schedule and knowing what I'll be doing every day. I like having a challenge in my duties and doing something that I enjoy. I also enjoy pay day! Who doesn't?!

With most of my jobs, I've loved getting to know my co-workers. Have you ever thought about how much time you actually spend at work? And do you realize how much of your daily social interaction involves co-workers? I've been very blessed with most of my jobs to have people I don't mind seeing for 8+ hours a day.

Specifically, for the last 14 months, I've been working as a Real Estate Assistant for Lindy & Mike Gaughan, co-owners and agents with RE/MAX Choice Properties here in Hendersonville. Through them, I have learned alot about this field and have been introduced to many wonderful people. These people aren't just co-workers....they have become friends, confidants and like family to me. It made the decision to stay at home much harder for me than I had anticipated. I have loved (almost) every minute with my RE/MAX family and I am grateful for the opportunities it has give me both professionally and personally. Working here has given me a more personal link to the city I call home and I have no doubt that I'll keep in touch with the friends I've made.

But in a month, (or less, depending on when Baby Neal makes his big arrival) I will be taking on a much more important "job." A role that will never end, and I want to do everything I can to be prepared for this new challenge. I'm scared, I'm anxious, but most of all, I am in love with the idea of being a mother to this baby that I've been toting around for the last 34.5 weeks. Most of all, I can't wait to see my husband as a father. We already love this lil dancing baby so much, and I can't wait to finally see him face to face. And when I think about that, theres never any doubt in my mind that our choice for me to stay home is the right choice.

Now that I'm having to wipe tears away from my keyboard, I'll end this blog now and share more thoughts on my new job with my next post...

~Jenn

1 comment:

  1. I love you little, and you're gonna be AH-MAZING as a SAHM :) It's your new adventure!!
    LOVE YOU and AOT!!

    ReplyDelete